Dutch speaking Translator in Content
£18K - 21K per annum
Kerr Recruitment are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client who are seeking a Dutch Translator based in Yeovil on a permanent basis. If you want to work in an open plan, friendly office with a manufacturing company that sell an extensive range of products, this is the job for you!
Hours: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm with a one hour unpaid lunch break
Salary: £18,000 to £21,000 dependent upon experience
The purpose of this job role is to translate technical manuals and marketing from English into Dutch, paying particular attention to thorough research of correct and most appropriate terminology in target language, with strong awareness of SEO. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Populate and maintain database in Dutch, updating and generating appropriate content where necessary, in line with English content
- Translate English technical instructions for complex power tool manuals into Dutch, carrying out detailed research to ensure correct and relevant terminology in target language
- Translate English marketing text for websites and sales literature into Dutch
- Maintain and develop Dutch House Style
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Dutch to English Technical translation background
- Ability to prioritise and assimilate complex technical information
- Acute eye for detail
- Working to tight deadlines
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- English Qualification and excellent standard of written and spoken English due to the nature of the role
- Experience translating technical documents
- Knowledge of Hand, Power and Air Tools
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously as deadlines dictate
- Ability to communicate with relevant departments and colleagues as and when required to gather important information and relevant product information
- Other languages advantageous
In return, you will benefit from:
- Holiday: 20 days per year (holiday year runs 1st January to 31st December), increasing by one day for every complete year of service, on the anniversary of starting to a maximum of 25 days
- Pension: As per current Government regulations for a work placed pension
- Life cover: 4 x annual salary
Closing Date: 15th June 2019
- We accept spontaneous applications via email - do not hesitate to send us your CV, stating what kind of role you would be looking for.
- Please do not hesitate to regularly have a look at the Kerr Recruitment website for an overview of all our vacancies.
- Kerr Recruitment are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job
- Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future